Saturday, April 19, 2014

Seven Gombudge Mosque, Bagerhat


Among the various extant monuments of the Khan Jahan vogue and undo-ubtedly the foremost brilliant and therefore the largest brick house of God in East Pakistan, is that the Shait Gombudge house of God that means'60-domed Mosque'.

During the mid-15th century, a Muslim colony was supported close to the ocean coast- what's currently referred to as the Bagerhat district by a saint named Ulugh Khan Jahan. He was the original torch bearer of Islam to the south. He ordered the nucleus of AN affluent town throughout the reign of ruler Nasiruddin Mahmud Shah (1442-1452) at Bagerhat that was then referred to as Khalifatabad.
Khan Jahan adorned his town with various mosques, tanks, roads, and alternative public buildings, the spectacular ruins of that ar centered round the most imposing and multi-domed house of God. The stately cloth of the monument, serene and imposing stands on the jap bank of a bizarrely immense sweet cistern clustered around by the significant foliage of an occasional lying country-side, quality of a sea-coast landscape.


While visiting Seven Gombudge house of God, the guests could reside edifice Posher at Mongla. By road Bagerhat is 368 kilometer. south-west of Dhaka. the closest air field is at Jessore that is concerning 30 minutes flight from Dhaka.

Friday, April 18, 2014

Rajshahi: anthropology and historical sites of Bangladesh



Rajshahi division is located northern a part of Bangladesh and a population of 29,00000. There area unit sixteen districts and fifty seven municipalities under Rajshahi. it's known for anthropology and historical sites.

Rajshahi City:

Rajshahi city is located besides the watercourse Padma. In monsoon the good Padma is fully spate with its tides and waves whereas in winter it dwindles and you'll feel the desert by the aspect of watercourse. Rajshahi Division is known for anthropology and historical places like Mohastnangor, Paharpur Buddhist religious residence, Kantajee’s Temple, Ramshagar Dighi, Choto Sona house of prayer, and Shopnopuri etc. you'll visit Rajshahi University. It’s a really well planed University and you'll visit The Shahid Smriti Sangraha Shala within the University, you'll see the documents and photography’s from the language movement of 1952 to the liberation was 1972. you'll conjointly visit Borendra analysis repository. There you'll realize the traditional parts of Paharpur, Mohasthangar and Mohenjodaro.

Paharpur Buddhist religious residence

Paharpur Buddhist religious residence is another holidaymaker attraction of North geographic region. Paharpur could be a tiny village. you'll attend Paharpur from Jaipurhat district. Its solely 10 kilometer from Jaipurhat.

King Hindu deity Pal established Paharpur Buddhist religious residence in seventh century, that is that the most significant and therefore the largest renowned religious residence south of the mountain range, has been excavated. the most religious place (Mandir) is within the center of this religious residence. This seventh century anthropology realize covers roughly a vicinity of twenty seven acres of land.

Paharpur Buddisht Temple

The entire institution, occupying a polygon court, activity over 900”. outwardly on all sides, has high enclosure- walls regarding sixteen feet long. in thickness and from twelve foot,  15 ft. height. With elaborate entryway advanced on the north, there area unit forty five cells on the north and forty four in every of the opposite 3 sides with a complete range of 177 rooms. The design of the pyramidical symmetric temple is deeply influenced by those of South-East Asia, particularly Myanmar and Java.

A small site-Museum in-built 1956-57 homes the representative assortment of objects recovered from the world, wherever you'll see the statues of Buddha and Vishnu. The excavated findings have conjointly been preserved at the Varendra analysis repository at Rajshahi. The antiquities of the repository embody terracotta plaques, pictures of various gods and goddesses, potteries, coins, inscriptions, decorative bricks and different minor clay objects.

Mohasthangar

Mohasthangarh is one in all the most attractions in north geographic region. it absolutely was the capital of Kingdom of the Mourjo, the Gupta and therefore the subunit sept. this can be the traditional anthropology and historical that was, established in 2500 before Christ. it's the oldest anthropology website of Asian nation is on the western bank of watercourse Karatoa eighteen klick. north of Bogra city beside Bogra-Rangpur Road. The spectacular website is associate degree imposing landmark within the space having a fortified, rectangular enclosure activity 5000 foot. by 4500 ft. with a mean height of fifteen foot. from the encompassing paddy fields. on the far side the fortified space, different ancient ruins spread at intervals a two-dimensional figure of regarding 5 miles radius. many isolated mounds, the native names of that area unit Govinda Bhita holy place, Khodai Pathar stack, Mankalir Kunda, Parasuramer Bedi, Jiyat Kunda etc. enclose the fortified town.


Ramshagor Dighi

The beautiful Ramshagor Dighi (Lake) was made in seventeenth Century by maharajah Ram Nath to unravel the water downside. this can be currently one in all the historical places similarly as a holidaymaker spot conjointly.


Shopnopuri

Shopnopuri is one in all the foremost stunning artificial holidaymaker spot in North geographic region. you'll go there either from Hili  or from Dinajpur. There you'll relish your full day looking this artificial beauty.
 
You can pay night conjointly In Shoponopuri edifice except for that you simply can got to book ahead. it's associate degree idle Picnic spot conjointly wherever immeasurable picnic parties come back per annum.

Puthia


Puthia has vital range of traditionally important Hindu structures in Asian nation. the foremost superb of the village's monuments is that the Govinda Temple, that was erected between 1823 and 1895 by one in all the maharanis of the Puthia estate. it is a giant sq. structure topped by a collection of miniature decorative towers. It's lined by implausibly involved styles in terracotta depiction scenes from Hindu epics, that provides it the looks of getting been draped by an enormous red oriental carpet.

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Rangamati: A beautiful architecture of Hills and Nature



Rangamati is found within the Chittagong Division. it's deckle-edged by the Tripura state of Republic of India to the northern side, Bandarban District to the southern side, Mizoram State of Republic of India and Chin State of Asian nation to the east, and Khagrachari and Chittagong Districts to the west.

The area of the district is 6116 km2 of that 1292 km2 is riverine and 4825 km2 is below forest

The total population is five,08,182 consistent with 2005 census of that social group fifty two and non-tribal forty eighth. the amount of males is two,87,060 and therefore the females square measure two,38,043 (Census 2001). The density of population is eighty three per sq. metric linear unit (Census 2001). the amount of home is one,03,974 having the home size four.8 (Census 2001). the overall population is split into Bangalees and eleven tribes they are, Chakma, Marma, Tanchangya, , Pankua, Tripura Lushai, Khiang, Murang , Chak , Rakhain , Bowm,Khumi.

Tribal population : (as per census of 2005 ):

Chakma-1,86,250, Marma-44,000, Tanchanga-18,000, Tripura-6,690, Pankho- 2,100, Bowm-1,050, khyang- 791, Lusai- 220, Chak- 170, Rakhain-75, Khumi-55,Gurkha-03,Etc.-170
As per 1991 census, the spiritual split of the population of the district were: Buddhist fifty three.83%,Muslim 39.28%, Hindu 5.62% and Christian one.12%. spiritual establishments temple 1230, house of worship 1059, Temple 65, Church 16. Genderwise, male legitimate fifty three.59% and feminine legitimate forty six.41% of the population.

Rangamati is that the body headquarters of Rangamati Hill District within the Chittagong Hill Tracts of People's Republic of Bangladesh. The city is found at 22°37'60N 92°12'0E associated has an altitude of fourteen metres (49 feet).

It's a travel destination of People's Republic of Bangladesh that is thought as "Lake City".The district is run by associate workplace named as District management,  Rangamati From Chittagong a seventy seven kilometre road amidst inexperienced fields and winding hills ends up in Rangamati; that could be a rattling repository of scenic splendours with flora and fauna of various descriptions. The territorial division is found on the western bank of the Kaptai lake. Rangamati could be a favorite vacation destination as a result of its lovely landscape, scenic beauty, lake, vibrant indigenus teams (Chakma, Marma etc.), its flora and fauna, autochthonic repository, hanging bridge, homespun textile merchandise, ivory jewelry and therefore the autochthonic men and ladies United Nations agency trend them. For visitors, the attractions of beautiful Rangamati square measure varied. autochthonic life, fishing, speed boat cruising, hiking, bathing or just enjoying nature because it is.


Hanging Bridge: Hanging Bridge (Jhulonto Bridge in Bengali)is the landmark icon of Rangamati. it is a fashionable traveler spot and a requirement go destination. Gagra water is one amongst the greates combination of nature . Kaptai Lake : Kaptai lake could be a rattling spot for yachting and cruising. Parjatan and personal tour operators supply variety of cruises by mechanical boats. One will move to numerous scenic spots in Shuvalong, Barkal, Longadu, Mainimukh and different areas by boat from Rangamati.


Indigenous repository : the sole autochthonic Cultural repository within the Chittagong Hill Tracts region was established at Rangamati city in 1978 and pass the social group Cultural foundation. It preserves valuable objects and articles of various tribes portrayal their socio-economic, educational and historical tradition. These embody typical autochthonic dresses, ornaments, arms and ammunitions, coins, statues fabricated from wood, bronze and different metals, musical instruments, ivory merchandise, handicrafts, paintings on social group life etc.


Friday, January 3, 2014

ISA KHAN: THE LEADER OF BARO BHUIYA

Isha Khan was the leader of the Baro Bhuiyans (twelve landlords) of the Bhati region in medieval geographic region. Throughout his reign he place resistance againt Mughal invasion. It absolutely was solely when his death, once the region went wholly below Mughals. In 1564 Isa Khan atained a property in Sonargaon and Maheswari Pargana throughout the reign of Taj Khan, the karrani Afghan ruler of geographic region.

 In 1578 Mughal subahdar of geographic region, subahdar Khan Jahan light emiting diode associate expedition towards the Bhati submitted their allegiance to the Mughal force.  Isa Khan round faced the formidable Mughal force light emitting diode by crowned head Bardi and Muhammad Quli on the Sarail-Juan Shahi border in Kastul on the bank of Meghna watercourse. In line with Rafmala, Isa Khan then quickly people to Tripura and sought after help from the Tripura King, Amar Manikya. With the nice grace of the queen Amrabati, the king granted a military of fifty two thousand to assist Isa Khan face the Mughalsin 1583  Mughal General Shahbaz Khan destroyed Isa Khan's  place in Baktarpur. 

In Sep 1584, the then subahdar Shahbaz crossed Ganges River close to Khizirpur and attacked Sonargaon, Katrabo and Egarasindhur. However he finally suffered a defeat within the battle of Egarasindur and Bhawal against Isa Khan and Masumm Khan Kabulii, the Mughal General. Shahbazz khan people to Tandah. With the assistance of reinforcements by Emperor Akbar, Shahbaz Khan light emitting siode another hostile expedition towards Bhati in 1586. Isa Khan attacked him at Bhawal (north of Dhaka) however forces of Shahbaz Khan were well fortified close to river. Isa Khan fictitious his allegiance towards Akbar associated prevented and close at hand invasion of geographic region by the Mughals on seventeen March 1594 Mn singh was appointed the Subahdar of geographic region by Emperor Akbar. when establishing Rafmahal because the capital of geographic region, Man Singh sent his own son, Durfan Singh, to Isa Khan's Bhati region with immense army on seven gregorian calendar month 1595. In August 1597, Isa Khan with the help of Masum Khan Kabuli, engaged during a battle against Mughal armed service. Durjan sing was killed and Mughal forces round faced another defeat. 

Isa Khan 1st married Fatema Khan, a descendant from Hossain crowned head family line. Later he married Sama Moi, the girl of Chad Raf of Sripur. When conversion to Islam, Sarna Moi took the name Sona Bibi.

Isa Khan died of natural causes in September 1599. His son, Musaa khan then took command of Sonargaon. On ten Gregorian calendar month 1610 Musa khan was dethroned by Mughal General Islam Khan Chistii. After that, Isa Khan transterred from Sonargaon and settled in Jangalbari fort. Masum Khan was the eldest son of liliopsid genus Khan. Masum served because the Mughal army General throughout the Hughly invasion in 1632.  His eldest son was Monwar khan. Monwar khan acted because the chief of the geographic region Zamindars' flotilla on the conquest of metropolis in 1666. A village known as Monwarbagh, in Bandar Upazila of Narayanganj District, was  named when him. Hybat Khan, another grandchild of liliopsid genus, established Haybatnagar (in current Mymensingh district)  and created it the middle of his land lordship of seven parganas.
 

Thursday, August 22, 2013

BAHADUR SHAH PARK: THE OLDEST BEAUTIFUL PARK IN DHAKA

Bahadur Shah Park located in Sadarghat near Lakshmibazar of old Dhaka city in Bangladesh. This park is a historical place. This park has many historical evidence. This park built in 1858 at the initiative of Nawab Khawaja Abdul Gani. This park called Victoria Park until 1947. In the last Mughal emperor this park was renamed.

The park is actually rounded in shape. There is two main gate located east and west side of the park. there is street  inside the park. There is a government installation, school, collage and university situated outside the park for this reason the park is termed as important area of old Dhaka. In the North side "Sent Thomas Church, North-East" Side Kabinazrul collage and Islamia High School, In the East side oldest school of Dhaka "Government Mislim School", In the south-west side "Jagannath Univercity" situated. Judge court of Dhaka situated just North-west part of this park. 

In the late 18th century the European started a club for then named Biliard Club. They used to play different  games here.  Hence the local people called Anta Gharer Maydan.

 In 1858 when Queen Victoria took the administration of the subcontinent then Dhaka district commissioner announce about this matter in this big yard. From this time this big yard named as "Victoria Park". Untill 1957 this park was named as "Victoria Park". After that in 1857 the Sipahi mutiny for freedom fight was occurred for this reason the government killed the mutineers and hang their dead bodies with trees in this park to overawe the general people. To celebrate the 100 years of Shipahi Mutiny,a monument made here In 1957 and change the previous name to Bahadur Shah Park. The reason of Shipahi mutiny was to end the English administration for to establish the administration of Mughal Emperror Second Bahadur Shah. As per his name this park named as "Bahadur Shah Park".

The high monument of the park in the city is now reducing its glory as most of its momentous infrastructures are in rundown condition due to negligence even the boundary wall has distrted, Unscrupulous persons haveoccupied its land and parts of the footpath illegally to set up small shop and other business. the park now somehow maintains its illegible existence with no initiative to preserve the heritage. Under the circumstances the Dhaka City Corporation took some good step to save the heritage park. the condition of the area is ow dredful. 

People using the park's footpath. Very often people fall in fatal accident to many incident. Toll collector and vagabonds are dominating the area and are indulging in snatching which is on the rise. Historical Bahadur Shah Park (previous name is Victoria Park) lost all its importance and its glamour. Witness to many momentous events and once a traditional place for sojourn have lost all its past glamour. Besides, water from the only big artificial waterfall of the park could not be drained so that the water can not go out side the water fall area. It is very unfortunate that the last historical object of the Mughal Empire is now in very poor condition which demands immediate attention from the authority of government of Bangladesh. 

You are welcome to visit this historical place at any time.